COVID-19 UPDATE, PLEASE READ
Dear Valued Clients
At Saskatoon Services for Seniors, the safety of our clients and staff members is our first priority. We will once again be running the Volunteer Tax Preparation program. Due to Covid Restrictions we will not be having in person clinics this year. We are currently working on this program and will have details posted in the next couple of weeks on how you can arrange to have your taxes prepared.
Need a hand to prepare your tax return? If you do not know how to prepare your income tax and benefit return, we may be able to help you.
Saskatoon Services for Seniors in conjunction with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides a free income tax service to individuals and couples who have lower incomes and a simple tax situations. We train and use volunteers to help individuals file tax returns.
Please call 306-668-2762 to find out about any clinics we are holding.
Complete the following form: Make sure that you have T4, Social Insurance Number, medical receipts, child care receipts, and your spouse as their signature may be required on certain application forms.
- 2020 WEEKDAY CLINICS: No in-person clinics will be held this year, please stay posted for further details on when and how we can assist you preparing your taxes this year.
- 2020 IN HOME SERVICE: If you are immobile, we can come to you. Let us know that you have difficulty getting out, and need someone to come to your home for income tax preparation. A volunteer will arrange a time to meet you at an arranged location (all year round). Call to book an appointment 306-668-2762
- Drop of your returns at our office (with all the required T slips) TBD details to come in the next couple of weeks.
Our target clients is:
Are you eligible?
To find out if you are eligible for help, the following criteria are used:
- older adults or seniors
- individuals with mobility issues
- Single person up to $40,000
- Couple up to $45,000
- For each additional dependent you have, add $2,500 to the family income.
- Your return is simple. That is :
- you do not have significant self-employment income;
- you do not have business or rental income and expenses;
- you do not have capital gains or losses;
- you do not have employment expenses;
- you have not filed for bankruptcy; or
- the filer is not deceased.
Income Tax Help – Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Want to Volunteer….contact our office to get involved!! 306-668-2762
- Please treat our hardworking volunteers with the kindness and respect that they deserve. Volunteers are not tax experts.
- Rudeness or disrespect toward volunteers will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to make alternate arrangements to have your taxes prepared.