Volunteers are an integral part of the services and supports we provide to our clients. Volunteering contributes to the health of the volunteer, the community they live in and the organization and the clients we serve.
Volunteering benefits everyone involved. As a volunteer, you can make a difference and achieve personal growth by:
- Helping Others
- Connecting wtih People
- Giving Back to the Community
- Developing New Skills
- Exploring a New Career
- Feeling a Sense of Fulfillment and Accomplishment
- Learning about Older Adults
- Complete an Volunteer Application -2021 and send it to the Executive Director Saskatoon Services for Seniors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with the Executive Director to identify your interests and current opportunities. Placements are based on interests, abilities, schedule and the availability of a suitable position.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Some positions may require a 6 month time committment
- English proficiency
- Criminal record search (for some opportunities)
- Provide two references
We are currently seeking volunteers for:
- Office administration support
- Grocery Delivery
- Friendly Caller Program
We are also currently seeking volunteers to provide longer term services in the areas of:
- snow shoveling
- home repairs (we are especially looking for journeymen in a variety of areas)
If you would like more information about our volunteer programs, please contact the Executive Director at 306-668-2764