Covid continues to be a concern in the Saskatoon area, as in previous years crews will be smaller and service maybe disrupted. Any updates once the program starts will be posted on our website.
What is the Urban Camp Program
Urban Camp is a program offered in partnership with the Saskatoon Correctional Centre. Individuals serving time at the Saskatoon Correction Centre, who meet the set criteria, can take part in the Urban Camp program. These individuals are divided into crews and work throughout our community.
Supervised inmates from the Correctional Centre provide:
- yard cleaning services in the fall and spring
- snow clearing during the winter months (within 72 hours). Front sidewalk, walk to door and driveway. Note: Crews MAY do more if requested and time permits.
Application form is here: URBAN CAMP APPLICATION FORM 2022-23
Urban Camp Services
- Crews rake your yard and bag leaves and debris in the fall and spring
- Crews shovel walks, driveways and city sidewalks
- Service within 72 hours for an average snowfall (NB: if you need service sooner please check our other Snow Services page). It could take up to 5 days for a heavy snowfall
A flat fee for the season — no hourly fee charged
- $140 For income less than $25,000 for previous year
- $160 For Income between $25,000 to $49,999 for previous year
- $250 For Income between $50,000 to $74,999
- $500 For Income over $75,000
**Further Details for Rates is on the Application form available from the link above***
****Although we do not expect any further Covid-19 disruptions in service this year the situation could change rapidly. As such we do not have control over the facility that crews are located and if Covid restrictions are put in place service may be interupted.****
Note: Workers are not permitted to accept any monetary payment, however, treats such as cookies, pop, hot chocolate etc. are acceptable
Important Program Details
- Crews ONLY work from Monday to Friday and follow a pre-set route. They have no ability to deviate from these days or this route. Thus this program is not be suitable for persons with time-specific needs. Participants must be patient and understanding of the crews and the services they provide.
- Service within 72 hours (3 days) for an average snowfall. It could take up to 5 days for a heavy snowfall. If you need timely service or have specific requests , we would advise that you sign up for our fee-based yard and/or snow shovelling program.
- Crews will wait until a snow storm has passed AND crews do not provide service in extremely cold conditions.
- Crews do not clear areas not imperative for use during winter months (e.g. patios).
- Crews shovel snow to the nearest appropriate location.
- Crews cannot clean eaves troughs nor can they clean a yard with feces.
- Crews are unable to enter yards with animals at large.
- Crews bag yard waste and place in a spot at the back of your yard. Crews do not take bags away.(Please advise Saskatoon Services for Seniors if you need your bags hauled. We will make arrangements for a fee).
Note: we can not clear yards for snowbirds due to insurance issues. Please consider using our fee-based Saskatoon Services for Seniors Snow Shoveling Service or SnowBird Service.
Is based on income and is limited to 250 registrants.
The program application opens June 1 and applications must be returned before August 1st 2021 . You will be notified by August 20th if you have been accepted. Typically family incomes over $150,000 to $180,000 do not make the cut. We encourage individuals with extremely high incomes to utilize our other snow programs.
Application MUST be accompanied by a copy of your most recent household Notice of Assessment (no older than the prior year) from Canada Revenue Agency or application will not be considered for the program.
NSF cheque will result in a $30 fee assessed.
If you are interested in obtaining more information, contact us at 306-668-2762 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To understand the terms and conditions of service, please review the following document: Clients Terms of Services and Agreement