Let us help you keep your sidewalks and driveway clear during the winter. The intention of this program is to provide an affordable snow removal service, and Clients are asked to work with us to achieve this goal.
Snow removal service is available between November 1 and March 31. See terms and conditions below to identify snow removal areas.
We have different options for residential clients:
1. Day-of Service
2. Pay for a Bundle
A flat fee gets you a bundle of snow shoveling jobs.
For details on the work to be performed, see terms and conditions below
NB: Any jobs are set to reflect ½ hour of shoveling for an average (3inch) snow fall. Any job that is over 1/2 hour in time will accrue additional charges at a rate of $20 per hour or in 15 minute portions thereof.
Special requests such as time of shoveling, placement of snow in yard or other out of the ordinary circumstances may result in additional charges. We always try to accommodate, but remember, we are a not for profit based on volunteers.
Terms and Conditions
A. SSFS SNOW CLEARING SERVICE:
1 The SSFS snow clearing service (“the Service”) includes shoveling, blowing, and scraping on the Client’s property.
2. The Client’s property for the Service shall constitute only involve the following area(s):
Front – city sidewalk, front sidewalk and steps up to front door, and driveway (these represent average sized city lots)
Back – Sidewalk to back door
3. Client’s backyard deck(s), areas behind rear garage(s) and extra-large driveways will be evaluated separately and charged a separate rate.
4. Special requests (including additional work or time of shovelling) WILL NOT be accommodated.
B. SSFS SNOW CLEARING TIMING AND PERFORMANCE:
1 All of the Client’s property should be completed within 24-36 hours after accumulation Monday to Friday. There is no snow clearing on weekends or Stat holidays. Snow clearing service is contingent upon the amount of snowfall and inclement weather. SSFS agrees that properties will be done as quickly as possible while meeting quality expectations from the Client. In the event of large amounts of snowfall or heavy storms, more time may be needed to start snow clearing service for the property.
a. Target/ready times may be stated but will not be guaranteed due to unpredictability of inclement weather, traffic conditions and/or fatigue during continuous storms. (Safety considerations for our staff are equally as important as a safe environment on the property).
b. In the event of heavy storm situations, all accessible areas shall be cleared as much as possible during business hours, then revisited at another time as needed.
c. SSFS reserves the right to commence snow clearing service as needed 7 days per week, 24 hours per day, unless home owner provides notification in writing.
2. Due to unpredictable conditions, snow clearing service commencement is at the sole discretion of SSFS. A determination of commencement of the Service will occur only when the continuous accumulation of snow upon the client’s property has ceased for a period of 2 hours.
3. The Service is subject to the following terms:
Under 5cm (2 inches) – SSFS will not come. The Client is responsible. (Clients may phone and request snow service).
Over 5 cm (2 inches). SSFS will come without phoning
4. In the event that the areas have not been cleared within 24 hours of the last snowfall, the Client should contact the office to alert the office to the failure to complete the work.
C. THE CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
E. RISKS AND INDEMNITICATION:
a. General debris, loose paving materials, gravel, mulch, carpets, lawn or ice being struck, lifted and displaced by snow removal activities.
b. Protrusions or any object hidden by snow accumulation being struck by snow clearing service equipment or tools including but not limited to: raised beds, plant material, interlock pavers, curbing, fencing, fixtures, lawn ornaments, retaining walls, water taps, etc.
c. Any damage from snow clearing service equipment and tools coming in contact with paving bricks, interlock, flagstone, cobblestone or any other type of paving or alternative paving surface.
d. Any incidental damage to structures on the property.
4. SSFS, its owners, employees, agents and subcontractors shall not be held liable for any losses suffered by the Client, or other persons on the Client’s property, for any of the following reasons: inconvenience, personal discomfort; temporary loss of use or enjoyment of the property or income loss experienced as a result of the Client’s decision to hire SSFS. This section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
5. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Client shall indemnify, fully protect, save harmless and defend SSFS and all persons providing the snow clearing service under this agreement against and from losses, costs and damages arising as a consequence of actions, proceedings, claims or demands brought or made by or against SSFS, the Client, or their affiliates, tenants, employees, agents or contractors or by any other persons as a result of the provision of the snow clearing service under this agreement. This section shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
6. SSFS’ obligations under this agreement are limited to providing or causing to be provided the services and SSFS does not assume any other liabilities or obligations of or to the client under this agreement. The Client agrees that in no event shall SSFS, its employees, agents or contractors total and aggregate liability under this Agreement exceed the amount of fees paid by Customer.
7. SSFS states that general liability coverage of $2,000,000 is in place in the event that damage occurs to the property, and that those employed by SSFS are covered under the Worker’s Compensation Board.
F. BALANCES AND ACCOUNT